Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Scholarship Scams and other Scholarship topics.
Weeding out the valid scholarships from the scams can be a tiring process. Here are some things to look for that can tip off a scam:
• Companies that have shady contact information (no number or email address available or a post office box address).
• Companies that offer flashy brochures promising "free money" and "guaranteed winnings."
• Extreme time limits and pressure.
• Claims of "influence" with scholarships sponsors or to be in touch with "Millions of unclaimed aid."
• Scholarships that claim "everyone is eligible."
Remember, just because a company has one of these, does not mean it is a scam, but may mean that you need to research the company and scholarship more carefully.